28 Aug Literacy at Home Learning
Here are some quick and easy literacy ideas for at-home learning!
1) Read Together– Never stop reading!
5) Play a rhyming game with how many words rhyme with [choose word].
6) Sing songs together
7) How many items can you see that start with [insert letter] guessing game.
8) Create a card and post it to somebody
9) Have a go at drawing/tracing names, letters, numerals, shapes
10) Let them make something out of other things
11) A small writer station! If you don’t have a small table and chairs use a tub or large pencil case. Provide various types of paper and writing/drawing implements. Including tape, scissors, sticky notes, and a stapler can further encourage your child’s creativity
11)Share stories of your life and childhood with your children
12)Make up a story, you can even get your child to illustrate this or have a go at writing some of the words if they’re at this stage
13)Chalk drawing outside
14)Water painting with a bucket and brush
15) Clapping, stomping, jumping the syllables of words
16)Talk to your child about choosing items during the day, such as cereal. Draw your child’s attention to such things as the signage on a food packet and compare this to another packet (for example weetbix and cornflakes)
17)Dramatic Play– playing dress-ups, doctors, restaurants, and so on